Monday, February 19, 2007

Fowl Play!

Dear Mr. Eoin Colfer,

It has always been a delight to me to read your works. I have been following the exploits of your young criminal mastermind Artemis Fowl. I cannot tell you in words how much I adore him and his adventures. I have just finished reading your latest book, and I found it simply awesome! I finished the book in one go, without putting it down. You are simply a genius. But I guess you must be getting a lot of such mails from Artemis's fans...

...and maybe that's why you've lost your brains.

...for that's the impression I got after reading "Artemis Fowl and The Lost Brain" (er...sorry, "The Lost Colony"). I have indeed read the previous four titles. I loved the first three and managed to read through the fourth last year (though I don't remember what it was all about) . It was only recently that I laid my hands on Book V of the series. The blurb seemed quite interesting - Artemis Fowl has a competition! Wow! Now that's something to read for...

Read, I did - until 11:30 on Saturday I read and read and read, and it was impressive - No.1's dilemma, Minerva's plans and Artemis's execution of the counterplan. And then, you seem to have thrown in the kitchen sink. Maybe it was something you ate in Taiwan. Speaking of Taiwan, how much did you get for promoting the tourism industry there? Or do you have some strange fetish for Taipei 101?

What the hell were you thinking when you wrote those last 100-odd pages? Time-warp, time tunnel, some goddamn extinct volcano...huh?? Someone get me outta here...and so much for the good side of Artemis, puberty and all those mushy stuff. What are we in store for in Book VI? The "Harry met Sally" version of Artemis Fowl? Are you seriously suffering from the JK Rowling Syndrome?

-The Klansman

2 comments:

The God Of Tall Things said...

Speak not the name of Rowling in vain....

Mostly Sharamless said...

"Vain"?? Huh? wasn't he that Batman chap?