Saturday, February 10, 2007

Bombay....

The city of dreams...Yes, we'd heard of it. And now, we got a chance to see it. But what did we see?

Before I embarked on the trip, I was told: "Chowpatty is a must-visit".

The truth is:
  • We didn't visit Chowpatty
  • We didn't vist Juhu beach
  • Neither did we loiter around the Marine Drive (of course, the customary visit was included)

For a day and a half, we walked and walked....in and around Old Bombay ("Bombay" should have been old enough, what with all the renaming crap, but for me, they're still "Bombay", "Madras", "Cochin" etc.), revelling in the splendour of the grand buildings from the bygone British era - enticed by the Taj Mahal Hotel, enchanted by the old University Building and enamoured by the Old Lady of Dadabhai Naoroji Road (they called her "Victoria Terminus" in those days).

That's me for you...and that's why I changed the name of my blog...

No comments: