Monday, February 28, 2011

Korea Diary - 5

It’s 2:30 AM and I am sitting wide-eyed at Changi Airport. Still another 11 hours to go for my flight to
Bangalore. Eleven hours of flight from Sacheon to Bangalore, with 22 hours of transit. You might ask, why couldn’t you plan it yourself?” True, but I am not paid to do that. Anyways, it was my choice, to avoid “unnecessary expenditure” of staying in Seoul.

The first leg of flight was horrible. I take back everything I said about leg space in Singapore Airlines. My leg aches from 6 hours of flight. The guy at the aisle was grumpy. No sooner we started off than he went to sleep; refusing everything that came his way (“just stop bothering me!” – his exact words.) And then, in the middle of the night, he woke up demanding everything – from headsets to a toothbrush. Everything could be forgiven, if only the damn PA system would stop announcing turbulence every few minutes!

And the best part of the flight? Flying over Taipei 101 at night! And an hour later, as I gazed down, there were those five ghostly lights - Globules of diffused light shining through the clouds, moving slowly along with us.

OK. That was definitely not a dream! They were really there – probably a flotilla of sorts!

No comments: